Phaser Scientific Software, LLC.
About The Company
Phaser Scientific Software, LLC. was co-founded in 2003 by Jason Glick and Huseyin Kocak and has its headquarters in sunny Miami, Florida, USA. The company and its members are devoted to the research & development, distribution & licensing, and support of its flagship Phaser Scientific Software: A Universal Simulator For Dynamical Systems. Furthermore, we are equally dedicated to the creation of a free online educational and scientific repository library of dynamical systems (along with their corresponding simulations of dynamics) and related teaching modules for use as supplements in courses in numerical analysis, quantitative ecology, history of mathematics, etc. -- these efforts are supported, in part, by the National Science Foundation (NSF).
Contact Information: Email email@example.com
About The Founding Members & Managing Partners
- Jason Glick (Chief Technology Officer, Software Architect, and Software Engineer of Phaser)
- received his M.S. degree in Computer Science from the University of Miami. He is also currently working as the Information Technology Manager at The Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation (SPEC), the world-wide consortium dedicated to developing industry-leading standards and benchmarks for fairly measuring computer hardware/software performance.
- Hüseyin Koçak (Chief Mathematics & Science Officer, Software Architect, and Father of Phaser)
- received his Ph.D. degree in Mathematics from the University of California. After working at Brown University's Lefschetz Center for Dynamical Systems, he joined the faculty of the University of Miami, where he now is the Chairman of Computer Science and Professor of Mathematics. While at Brown University, he pioneered and authored the original Phaser program in the mid-80's.
About The Contributing Members
For over a decade, many people (educators, students, engineers, and scientists) have helped shape Phaser. Key contributers:
- Brian Coomes
- received his Ph.D. degree in Mathematics from the University of Nebraska - Lincoln. He is currently an Associate Professor of Mathematics at the University of Miami.
- Johannes Gudmundsson
- received his M.S. degrees in Computer Science and Mathematics from the University of Miami. He is currently a managing partner at iNECTA LLC business software consulting group.
- Craig Kolthoff
- is a M.S. degree candidate in Computer Science at the University of Miami. He currently serves as a Senior Systems and Network Analyst at the University of Miami.
- Burton Rosenberg
- received his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from Princeton University. He held a visiting position at Dartmouth College, and is now an Associate Professor of Computer Science at the University of Miami.
Test Sites: Florida International University, Florida Memorial College, North Carolina State University at Raleigh, and University of Miami are the official Phaser test sites supported by the National Science Foundation.
Additional Credits: The colored torus logo of Phaser was designed in collaboration with Thomas Banchoff and Associates. This website was constructed in part by Jef Moskot, and was edited by Nancy Lawther. Joe Clarke, Tim Foley, and Jonathan Hollander provided network services. The work of Huseyin Kocak was supported in part by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 9626211.
Trademarks: The Phaser Colored-Torus Logo () et al and "Phaser: A Universal Simulator For Dynamical Systems" are officially trademarked by Phaser Scientific Software, LLC.