Once Phaser is installed, the best way to become acquainted with it is to browse PhaserHelp. The first two sections in Overview, Startup and Interaction, along with several Tutorials, should provide a quick start.
To open PhaserHelp, launch Phaser and then select, from the Help menu of the Main Application window, the menu item Help Contents. Alternatively, open just PhaserHelp without launching Phaser by typing phaser -help on the command line.
PhaserHelp supersedes our earlier book Differential and Difference Equations through Computer Experiments. It now comes with the following enhancements:
2 of 2
- A modern architecture built on Sun's JavaHelp API;
- Clickable Table of Contents, Index, and searchable text;
- Detailed specifications of all Phaser commands, including implementation details of algorithms;
- Mathematical, computational, and experimental information about each Library Equation;
- One dozen Tutorials that are designed for quick mastery of the capabilities of Phaser;
- A collection of Tips for common and uncommon computational tasks.